Amber is a partner in the financial services team of gadens lawyers in Sydney, having joined the firm as a solicitor in February 2003.
Over this period she has developed significant industry expertise, including:
- Negotiating workouts and restructures;
- Dealing with matters involving financial services fraud;
- Advising on financial services and compliance issues, including in relation to:
- the Corporations Act
- the National Credit Code
- the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act
- the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act
- Privacy Act
- Advising a liquidator on statutory obligations in the winding up of a $200m managed investment scheme.
- Acting for a bank to document a workout for a large multi-state winery
- Advising lenders on policy and structuring issues in relation to Self-Managed Superannuation Funds.
- Conducting due diligence for a lender on the acquisition of a loan book.